CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Caleb 9 Month Check Up and a New Couch!!

I'm sorry for how long its been since your last update. I've got a couple goodies up my sleeve that hopefully I will get to share with you soon BUT what I've got tonight is this:

Caleb had is 9 month check up with the Doc. Caleb is now: 23 lbs 8 oz, 31.5 inches long, with an 18 inch head. All of which puts him in btwn the 90th and 95 percentiles for weight and head and well over 95th for height. Doc says he looks perfect. Little bit orange from a steady diet of carrots and sweet potatoes but he says thats the beta carotene and perfectly normal and not at all harmful.

Doc says that a lot of kids at this age actually start losing percentiles b/c they're eating a lot of solid foods so they're full but they're not getting enough calories (aka formula) so he says that because Caleb is doing so good at maintaining his percentiles what I'm feeding him is perfect so I'm feelin very proud of my self at the moment because I was so paranoid about him not getting the right balance I've been doing all sorts of research trying to find more info and apparently I got it right.

Basically, growth, muscle tone, reflexes, milestones all look perfect. He got the last Hep B vaccination today, also flu shot #2 and the first swine flu shot. We took the Tylenol with to the Drs and gave him a dose right after the shots, so he's crashed out for a nap right now and life is lookin pretty okay.

So all in all not a bad mini-birthday. He marked the 9 month day with his very first tooth coming in and then 2 days later he gets a positive review from the doc. :-)


AND in other news - we got a new couch!!! The other one had served us well and long but was in need of retirement and so we got this lovely little number from Ikea. I didn't want to spend a lot on something Caleb is sure to destroy in the long run and the cover on this one is completely machine washable and can be replaced!

Just ignore my hair in that picture. It had been in a clip all day and yeah... just... ignore. BUT see how pretty the couch is!!!



Caleb is a big fan of the new couch. And Momma is a BIG fan of the ground clearance! No more making Adam hold up the sofa while I reclaim the toys that have hidden underneath!



Caleb is good buddies with the baby in the mirror. He loves it when people will hold him up so they can play!



And a wide angle shot for all y'all. 



0 comments: