CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

30 Weeks and Counting...

So I just thought I'd do an update to herald the fact that I have finally made it to 30 weeks. I've officially been 3rd trimester for a couple weeks but some how the number 30 seems to make it real... That or the fun side effects are settling in. lol. 

So far the baby is amazingly active. In fact he's so active it leads me to wonder when he sleeps because all the books say he should start regular patterns of sleep and awake now and personally I'm wondering if the kid is an insomniac. ;) Also he's now getting big enough that him being active is starting to hurt, which is no fun at all. His feet have also discovered my ribs and I don't know if baby's do any learning in utero but if I were to attribute that type of behavior I'd say he's found a fun new toy and he likes to dig in with his heels and toes to play with this new toy... 

I'm also feeling LARGE. I know I'm not that big- I mean for me I'm huge but compared to a lot of the pregnant women I've known - this far along I'm small. I think its just b/c I'm so long in the body and have wide hips that I absorb a lot of the kids size that way instead of just going OUT. But for me... this is HUGE. My stomach has never gone this far forward EVER BEFORE and its becoming uncomfortable to bend over. I have to spread my legs like a giraffe so that my stomach can go between them if I wanna pick any thing up off the floor. And I'm discovering the joys of cocoa butter. I have no hope of avoiding stretch marks, but the cocoa butter seems to make the skin FEEL better- less taut and stretched. 

Otherwise my nesting obsession continues. I'm just getting slowed down now by increasing fatigue and if I stand or walk for a long period I start to hurt. And the hurt continues and gets worse until I stop and sit or lay down. So I'm just trying to do what I can and listen to my body- I figure pain is its way of telling me to back off so I try to do what I'm told. 

And I continue to lose weight. The baby looks perfect in all his ultrasounds, my blood work is good, my blood pressure is lower at every visit so the doc isn't worried. In fact she seems to be increasingly amazed. lol. Apparently she's only had one or two other people ever who can really blame their weight problem on their metabolism. She keeps asking if I've changed my diet - a lot of women start eating healthy when they're pregnant. And my answer is if anything I've been just a little bit BAD lately because last month was my birthday and valentines and yes I did have a bit more chocolate that I probably should have. And I still lost another two pounds. 

Personally I keep getting surprised every time I see myself in a mirror, my butt and thighs are that much smaller. I have no idea what size I'm going to be after I have this baby. But mostly I really really hope it doesn't all come back and bring friends as soon as the baby is here. I'll have to be careful... 

Well this is getting really long so I'll just end it here. We have our first child birth class tomorrow night so I'm excited. Its a series of 3 classes so for the next 3 Thursdays we're booked. ;) And I've started seeing the doc every 2 weeks. It's getting closer!

0 comments: